Thursday, December 24, 2015

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

What a great few days we've had together before beginning our holiday break!  
On Monday, we met with our 5th grade reading buddies and had fun participating in a holiday guided drawing. While our drawings might not have looked exactlyyyy like the demonstration, we had a lot of fun and shared a lot of laughs during the experience!
 On Tuesday, SMS was in for quite a treat! Students filed into the cafeteria to witness the annual staff performance of "The Christmas Butterfly!" What fun!
All of the second grade teachers had a special role in the show!
The fabulous SMS staff!
My big debut as the Gingerbread Lady!
 After a fabulous show, we learned that a sneaky gingerbread man (with a little help from me!) was sending us on a scavenger hunt. Using the iPads to scan QR codes, we read clue by clue to try and catch up with the Gingerbread Man. We didn't quite catch him, but he did leave us a sweet treat for all of our hard work :) We'll be using QR codes much more extensively when we get back from break!
A major highlight from our short week was the annual 2nd Grade Gingerbread House Decorating Celebration! Thanks to all of you owl families for donating the many supplies to make this event possible! We had a BLAST! It was so fun to celebrate this season bringing so many families into our classroom.
I am so incredibly thankful for the families of 2H! Your continued support and involvement in your child's education amazes me everyday. I wanted to thank you SO much for the very generous donation to St. Vincent de Paul. It means the world to me that we are able to help those in need. Thank you for your generosity! As if that wasn't enough, you also surprised me with a gift certificate to the Wingate Spa---what a treat! Thanks for thinking of me :) 

Again, I wish your family a very, happy holiday and a safe, healthy, wonderful new year! Have a fantastic holiday break and I'll see you in 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment